The original building on this site housed Abraham
Klauber's and Simon Levi's wholesale business. It suffered from a collapsed
foundation in 1887 and was destroyed by fire in 1888. Rebuilt in 1889, this building
continued to be home to Klauber's and Levi's wholesale enterprise. They remained until
1929, occupying the basement and first floor and were the only tenants until 1903. The
third floor was added in 1909.
The building is currently the location for
Hooters restaurant, amongst other tenants as well.
Back To A Brief
History of Downtown San Diego