The first floor of this building has a
colorful tenant history. The Goodwill Bar operated from 1906 to 1945. In 1945, Mike
McIntosh and Sam Dini purchased the business. They were responsible for the
"McDini" corned beef sandwich of local fame. In 1923, Aurelis Abito opened the
International Pool Hall. Abito was a pioneer member of San Diego's Philipino community.
The second floor was known as The Hotel Lester from 1915 to 1984.
Back To A Brief
History of Downtown San Diego